Monday, November 7, 2011

My Birthday Boy


The love that I have for this little boy isn't describable. I would give anything and do anything for him. My mother used to tell me I was the light of her life. Now I know what she was talking about. This boy makes my world go round.

On Abe's birthday, last Friday, he went to school while I did all the house cleaning and party prepping at home. That way we could take off and play later. For supper we had waffles and muesli with berries. Abrahm LOVES berries! He got lots of snuggles that day...from Mama and Daddy!

On Saturday we had a fantastic family day. Abe got his first hair cut by Nathan, my hair dresser. We just did a little snip on one section of newborn hair that was longer than the rest. Abe wasn't even phased! After that we drove down to Portland, all three of us! We stopped in to visit John Biswell and Gemma at Made Rite Tattoos. It is always fun going there and Abe has lots to look at. We walked around the Old Port quite a bit, had a snack to tide us over, and then went to the Great Lost Bear for lunch. Abrahm is wonderful at restaurants. They didn't have a kids menu so I ordered him the mac and cheese thinking I could take the leftovers home for supper. Dude ate nearly all of it!!! We had a blast, laughing and playing around.

SUNDAY WAS PARTY DAY! I made baked french toast, a veggie egg bake, and apples with cranberries. Abe had vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting and a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing.


We had a full house with nearly my whole family and Seth's whole family. We also had Kate, one of Abe's teachers from school. Kate basically saved the day. She came over early in the day to watch Abe while I put the cake together. Then at the party I was able to hand him off to her when I needed to and she was able to use my camera to take pictures of the happenings. I probably would have lost my cool if it wasn't for her.

Abrahm got a ton of toys. Walkers, blocks, a train, a school bus, and, and, and! He even got his own chair!


Grampie was putting together Abe's walker and Abe thought maybe he needed some help.


Abe was very tame with the cake. I made the raspberry filling because he loves raspberries and that was the part he went for! He ate the middle first and then worked on the rest.




What a fantastic first birthday, can we rest now?!

2 comments:

  1. What a handsome guy! He looks about 17 though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is gorgeous! Happy belated birthday little buddy!

    ReplyDelete