Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mommy Things

When I started this blog I had the intention of talking about products that I love as a mom. I just get talking about Abe and I can't stop!

Here are some of my personal favorite baby/mommy products:

The Arms Reach Co-Sleeper. We purchased this with overnight shipping after our first night at home. I had a c-section and it was too hard to bed over and pick Abe up from the crib or pack and play. With the co-sleeper I could just roll over and grab him. No getting up involved. If I could go back I would get the full size, we got the mini.


My very best friend, the breast pump (mine is a Medela Pump in Style Advanced). I use this damn thing 4-5 times a day for 15 minutes at a time. A girl in my breast feeding class told me, "It is a machine that sucks on your boobs, don't skimp." She was so right. This is not a time to save money. Go for the good ones.

A boppy pillow with a couple of covers. I love my organic cotton cover the best. It is so soft and cleans up well. I used this a lot for positioning Abe while nursing as a newborn, then I used it to prop him up (sitting and tummy) around 3 or 4 months and now we don't use it too much. Sometimes I put it behind him if he is sitting...just to be safe.



The bumbo seat was a last minute thought. I didn't really know much about them until I saw one at daycare. We used this a lot around 3 and 4 months. I could pop him in there and give him a book or toy and then have 5 minutes to eat or do the dishes. I suggest getting the tray as well.



The BOB Revolution is an expensive must. I was worried that it would be too big and bulky for me to cart around and to maneuver in stores. Nope, it works just fine. I absolutely love the BOB. I can fold it up with one hand but do need two hands to get it into the car. The thing is so smooth!


I won't go into details about this one but if you are breast feeding then you need Medela Tender Care.


Not everyone needs or uses a glider. I, personally, can not live without mine. I rock him to sleep in it. We read stories in it. We snuggle in it. I love my Shermag.



The bouncy seat. Abe spent a lot of time in this as a little baby. He napped in it, hung out in it, we played in it. I loved my Fisher Price one.




 I started out drying my bottles on a towel on the counter. They never got all the way dry so I bought this grass drying rack and I adore it.


Aquaphor Healing Ointment. This is my go to for chapped lips and now I use it on Abe too. As a newborn he would get cracked skin in his little folds. This would protect them. Love this stuff.



I swear by cloth baby wipes. I make a solution of water, soap, and baby oil and then squirt a bit on a wipe.




I love my Bum Genius 4.0s. Nice and soft on his baby butt.




That is all I can think of for now. If I think of other must haves I will rave about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment