Monday, August 29, 2011

Staycation 2011

Abe and I had a staycation last week. It was one of the very best weeks of my life and I hated going back to work today.

We went to a wedding at Portland Head Light and then the reception at Grace. Abe was such a good boy and behaved himself the whole time.





In this picture it looks like he is sucking his thumb but he is gnawing on white asparagus. Healthy boy.


The next day we went to Portsmouth. This was Abe's first day out of the state of Maine. We visited with our friends, the Wiles, at the beach and then headed off to downtown. We ate at Popovers and then went to Portsmouth Baking Company to enjoy cupcakes. Yum.



Monday we went to the Breadshack in Auburn to have lunch with Kristy and Kristen. We had more cupcakes. Abe is getting very nosey and listened to the conversation of the people at the next table. That evening we had supper with Grampie and Grammie as they were just back from 2 weeks in Belgium.



Tuesday we went to Port Clyde. This was one of the best days of our vacation. We stopped in Thomaston to go to the Prison Store. Then we had lunch on the dock in Port Clyde. I had a lobster roll and Abe had potatoes with kale. After that we headed over to the lighthouse. What a gorgeous place.






Abe had recently started play shy. He will look at strangers because he is curious but once they look at him or talk to him he will bury his head in me. He was sitting on the ramp to the lighthouse and two strangers came walking down. The woman spoke to him and he tried to hide but he was sitting alone so he sort of folded in half, putting his head between his legs. She sort of laughed and said something about playing shy and he couldn't hide anymore and looked up at me with his little lip out and started melting down. My dude!

Once we were home from this trip I put Abe down in the living room so I could unload the car. When I came back into the living room he was on the otherside of the room. A day spent at the ocean is a good day to crawl!

The next day we had a play date with some friends at a local beach. We had a great time and hope to get together with them very soon!

The rest of the week was pretty low key. We hung out and played, practiced crawling and walking as well as feeding ourself. We also got a hurricane so we had to prepare for that.



The hurricane went pretty easy on us but we did have a little picnic in the livingroom. Abe thought it was really cool to have Cheerios on the floor.


I have to keep reminding myself that I work so we can have the money to buy fun things, go on fun trips, and do what we want. I loved every second of my week home with my boy. He is such a joy.

2 comments: