Friday, May 20, 2011

6 Month Appointment/Sleeping/Silliness/etc.

Abe had his 6 month appointment yesterday. The doctor said he is a very good looking and healthy baby.


Duh.

He weighs 18lbs 4oz and is 27.5inches long. That puts him at about 80% for height and 60% for length. He cried when the oral vaccination was gone so I don't think he really realized that he got three shots in his thigh. The doctor also said he should be having 3 meals a day now (we have been only having supper). It's a good thing a made a mess of baby food last week.


And lastly, sleep. I thought the doctor would give me some attitude since Abe doesn't sleep much but she just said that if I can deal with him not sleeping I can do whatever I want but as he gets older he will get more cranky with less sleep. So I decided last night would be the night I start putting him in his crib (he has been sleeping in the co-sleeper). He did better than I thought. I'm using some techniques from the No Cry Sleep Solution book.

Here is how his night went:
Asleep at 8:00
Awake at 10:00 nurse for 20 minutes and back to sleep
Awake at 11:30 nurse for 15 minutes and back to sleep
Awake at 2:00 nurse for 15 minutes and back to sleep
Awake at 2:30 nurse for 10 minutes and back to sleep
Awake at 3:30 nurse for 10 minutes and back to sleep
Awake at 4:00 and I say frig this and he comes in to bed with me

So. I'm kinda tired.

These are probably the funniest outtakes I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment