Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Abe's Mom"

My beautiful dude is 6 months old today. Every time I drive by the hospital (which is often) I can remember turning in there, holding my pillow, preparing myself to become a mom.

I was talking with a co-worker the other day and she called me Abe's Mom. Most people at his school refer to me the same way. I remember that during my pregnancy I was so worried that I would lose my identity once I had Abe. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do the things I did prepregnancy (baking all the time, slaving over a hot stove, or just going to the bar). I wouldn't be able to wear the clothes I wore prepregnancy (Vans and band t-shirts or skirts and high heels). I was worried that I wouldn't be me. And now that he is here, I think I have finally found myself. Now, I am me. I don't fit in many of my clothes and I probably look like a mom most days. I don't get to bake like I used to, and I certainly don't get to spend my time stiring a pot of soup or sauce. As for the bar...Seth and I just bring him with us (so what if it is only 6:00). I was made to be a mother and being one is something that I am actually really good at. I am proud to be Abe's Mom and I am not upset that I am defined by my child. He is perfection.

Happy Half Year Abrahm Pierce!

3 comments: